Sunday

My Côtes d'Armor - The Pink Granite Coast

The Côte de Granit Rose or the Pink Granite Coast, is the most famous stretch of Brittany's 750 mile coastline.  Naturally sculpted by the elements, pink and red granite boulders of immense and spectacular form line this stretch of shore.  The atmosphere feels other-worldly, like you're exploring a fantasy film set or the planet Mars.  These extraordinary rocks are either exposed to the crashing waves of the Atlantic, or lie in biomorphic lumps marooned amidst the heathery moorland.  I walked the easterly route of the Sentier de Douaniers trail, near le Ranolien, which remains unspoilted by houses, allowing you to indulge in a little undisturbed nature-worshipping ....














Prints of my paintings in my New! Online Shop

Paintings at Melanie McDonald Gallery 

Join the chat with me on Twitter 
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest 
Follow my pictures on Tumblr